MPQ4242 codes and configuration

Hi,

I need to design a USBC-PD (source only) and the MPQ4242 is one of the short listed devices. On the datasheet, I noted three different codes, MPQ4242GVE-0000-AEC1-Z, MPQ4242GVE-0001-AEC1-Z, and the MPQ4242GVE-0015-AEC1-Z. The explanation for the MPQ4242GVE-0015-AEC1-Z part is missing. What does this option stand for?

As a general question, which one of these devices (if any), can be used for a USBC-PD (source only) out of the box without the need for configuration?

Thanks

Hi @darren

The "-xxxx’ is the custom config codes assigned on customers request. It consist of unique OTP register map as per the customer needs. If for your application, a custom config code is needed please reach out to us here: MPS NOW Technical Support form: MPS NOW Technical Support - Contact and one of the team member can work with you in creating one.

Yes, MPQ4242GVE-xxxx can work for USB C-PD source.

Thank you
Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that the MPQ4242GVE-xxxx can work for USB C-PD source. But can it work without the need to apply configurations (so with default values)? If so, what are the default configurations of this device.

Thanks