MPM3833C for 5V to 3.3V conversion

I would like to use MPM3833C to converter 5V to 3.3V. I have used the DC DC designer online to check how much the 5V input swing range can be allowed. The Min. input voltage is 5V, otherwise a notice come up- Vout is too large due to the minimum off time limitation under this switch frequency.
Will the MPM3833C not convert 4.8V to 3.3V properly?

Qingshan

I am also interested in the question, is it possible to have an answer?

Hello all,

I am looking into this issue, and will get back to you all in couple of days.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran
Field Applications Engineer

Hello all,

The DCDC Designer tool has some headroom for voltage drop on the inductor and FET. So although the calculated duty cycle is ~68%, the actual maybe higher and not supported.

Try checking out the MPM3834C.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran
Field Applications Engineer

Hi Vinh,

your answer mean you don’t recommend using MPM3833C in 5V to 3.3V conversion?

Hello antonio.galli,

This should still work from 5V → 3.3V. We have EVM3833C (monolithicpower.com) if you would like to test out the chip.

Regards,
Vinh Tran

Hi Vinh,

I had already ordered the EVM3833C to check the device to replace the EN5337QI present on several of our projects.
The choice to use the MPM3833C was made keeping in mind your indications for replacing Intel / Empirion devices in EOL https://www.monolithicpower.com/en/design-tools/reference-design-partners/power-replacements- for-intel-enpirion.html # Intel_Enpirion / and I was expecting a firmer confirmation of the choice.
In the next few days I will carry out tests with the EVM3833C and I will keep you informed.

Best regards,
Antonio