MP8854 Output Current

Good afternoon, I’m working on launching the MP8854 microcircuit. I have established communication with the microcircuit via the i2c bus. I perform correct reading and writing of registers. But one register always gives me zero when reading. This is register # 03-Output
Current. All other registers are read correctly. Tell me, are there any realties when reading this register? And in general, what could be the problem? This effect is already observed on two copies of this microcircuit.

Hello epanchin.ilya,

Thank you for contacting the MPS Forum. I have seen your question and will try to get an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran

Hello epanchin.ilya,

Are you loading the circuit? If there is no load then the output current register would read 0. Are you running the circuit under light load conditions? This may cause the inductor to operate in DCM mode and the output current sense is not good in this mode. The mode bit can be changed to “1” or PWM mode to get good current sensing accuracy at light load.

Please note that the bit value read in the register has a corresponding value seen in the datasheet.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran