MP8008 use a buck converter

Hi.
I have a question.

I’m going to design the PD(Powered Device) of PoE(Power over Ethernet).
(IEEE 802.3at. / 25W)

I will use MP8008 parts.
** If you have any good parts other than MP8008 , please recommend it
(I usually buy parts from Mouser, Digikey. As I looked it up, other models are out of stock.)

In the MP8008 component recommendation circuit, a power conversion element is designed as a transformer.
I’m gonna use a buck converter ( DC DC Converter)

There’s no problem using the buck converter, right?
I don’t need a isolate circuit.

Are there any Application notes for reference? use a buck converter(not transfomer)

Thanks Please.

Hello seungyeon.won,

Is there any reason to use the MP8008 over a higher input voltage dedicated buck converter?
You can check out the MP4562 | 60V, 2A or the MP9572 | 60V, 2A.

If you have any business inquiries, then you can reach out to MPS NOW Remote Support.

Regards,
Vinh Tran

Thank you for your response.Vinh Tran

MP8008 = PoE PD Interface

I use PoE PD interface. Therefore, it is not possible to use only one DCDC buck converter.

I choose PoE PD Interface +DCDC buck converter Or PoE PD Interface + Transformer
but I want PoE PD Interface +DCDC buck converter.

There’s no problem using the buck converter, right?
Are there any Application notes for reference? use a buck converter(not transfomer)

Thanks Please.
seungyeon.won,

Hello seungyeon.won,

The MP8008 is a PD + isolated controller. Unfortunately, we do not have a device for the non-isolated PD .at range.

We do have a separate .at PD controller: MP8003A | IEEE 802.3af/at High Power PoE PD Interface with AUX Control.

If you can lower your standard to .af, then we have the MP8007H | Fully Integrated, 802.3af-Compatible PoE PD Interface with 13W Primary-Side Regulated Flyback or Buck Converter

Regards,
Vinh Tran

Hello Vinh Tran,
Can I use an MP8008 like a MP8003 when I design it?
Among the pins of MP8008, I don’t use isense, ss, and gate, but I want to use only pg pins like MP8003. Will it be possible?

Thanks Please.
seungyeon.won,

I need to resolve the issue urgently and I’m not sure where else to ask.
reply please.

Thanks.