MP6610 Losses in operation

To whom it may concern,
We are using MP6610 in our application to drive inductive load.
Input voltage is 48Vdc and driver is controlled using PWM signal at 20kHz (50% duty cycle).
We need help to calculate losses (conduction and switching) when MP6610 is utilized?

Please share equations/spreadsheet or app note with details.
Thanks!
Brani

To whom it may concern,
Any update on the question?
Thanks!

Hello @brani ,

Apologies for the late response. The dominant loss in the MP6610 should be the conduction loss, which will come from primarily the internal switches. For conduction loss, we list the Rdson of both the HS and LS switches, so a simple P=(I^2)*R will do for calculating the power loss in the device.
Hope this helps out!

Regards,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for getting back to me.
Is there a spreadsheet or application note that describes all the losses involve in half bridge driver operation?
I think switching losses will be also noticeable since we are switching at >20kHz PWM frequency?

Please advise.
Thanks!

hello @brani ,

Our resource center has all our current resources for everyone to look at and use. That said, it seems we do not currently have an article on half bridge driver losses.
Though it is not from MPS, I have found a good app note that could be helpful to you.
I also suggest getting an eval board and getting efficiency data to see the actual power loss of the device in action.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jonathan