MP6526 - Supply Voltage, Daisy Chaining, and Serial Input

I would like to use the MP6526 to control the direction of a PWM signal at 30V and a max of 10kHz. I am wondering if this if feasible or if the controller needs a more stable supply. I understand that the logic voltage would stay stable at 5V. When looking at the timing for the output pins it seems it could make the cycle within the timeframe but I would still like to make sure that the quick switching wouldn’t be a problem.

Secondly, the datasheet says there is a potential for daisy chaining. It seems like this is done through either the chip select or the data output, but I couldn’t find any examples and am still a little confused on how exactly the serial port could be setup for daisy chaining. Any advice on this would be awesome.

Thanks for the help!

Hello alexpeety,

I apologize for the delay, I will try to get a response back to you in 2 days.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran

Hello alexpeety,

Your supply voltage is above what is recommended, 28V. However, it is still below the 40V absolute limit. This will cause the device to operate in conditions not seen on the DS. For operation seen on the DS please use a supply voltage between 7V to 28V.

Please see the serial load configuration on page 2 for an example on daisy chaining.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran

1 Like

Just saw your reply thanks for the help.

I’m having some trouble getting the Data In protocol to get the correct outputs. I’ve checked the datasheet to make sure I’m getting the protocol correct but there is one thing I am a little confused about. The datasheet shows that the CLK should be held low before bringing the CS low. When the CS goes low, I assume this is when the device starts checking the CLK for rising and falling edges. Afterwards is this when the first CLK cycle actually begins, ie. the first DI bit being recognized or does that happen on the falling edge before the CS goes low. Lastly if the CLK wasn’t brought low before the CS went low how would that effect the protocol as the device reads it?