MP5515 GUI Slave not detected

Hi, I recently purchased an EV5515-U-00A evaluation kit. I am using the EVKT-USBI2C-02 as the communication tool to connect the EV5515 to MP5515 Gui. However, whenever the GUI is launched, the ADDRESS section is blank and no slave is detected.

I have already checked the connections and followed the instructions from the manual, but to no avail.
Kindly advise.

Hi,
It is possible the USB driver files are not installed on your computer, hence the device recognition issue.
Please contact mpsnow@monolithicpower.com, we can help provide the driver files.

Regards,
Nouman

Please check hardware connection and whether SCL/SDA/GND is connected right or not.
Then check if driver has been installed.
Finally power MP5515 EVB to provide power to its digital circuit.

Hi @MPSnow_Nouman & @Daniel.Yang,

Thanks for your replies. I took some time to check the connection and drivers, all seems to be correct, yet, the gui still shows that no slave is found, hence, clicking the “Read All” Button does not do anything.

However, I did try to use the I2CTool to manually write and read from the registers and it works. I am able to to read the Cap Test Results from the ADC registers.

Above is the screenshot of my results. It would be a great help if I could use the GUI itself as it would save me more time to read the Voltage data easily.

Regards,
Yugen

Hi, Yugen
This GUI revision should be 2.0. Could you apply for 3.0 or 4.0 revision? (VirtualBenchPro_v4)
@MPSnow_Nouman , could you help Yugen to download it from MPS website?

Hi Daniel and Yugen,
Yes, you may refer to the following link for downloading the most recent software.
Virtual Bench Pro 4.0 (monolithicpower.com)

if issues presist, I can help provide the usb driver files as well.

Best,
Nouman

1 Like

Hi Nouman & Daniel,

Virtual Bench Pro 4.0 works!!! :smiley:
Thank you so much for the support.

Regards,
Yugen