MP5416 OTP efuse programming

What is the process required to program the MP5416-CCCC on a custem board in the production enviroment. I assume it involves using some i2c slave address to write to the OTP efuse table. If it is at all possible I would like to aviod having to use the windows gui and EVKT-USBI2C-02.

Hi mishak,

Welcome to the MPS Technical Forum! To program an OTP or MTP device with your custom settings from the factory, you will need to contact our FAE team through MPS Now. We will ask you to provide your company name, application details, and estimated volume to start the process. Please submit your request here where we can assist you further. If your request is approved, you will then receive a custom suffix code (-CCCC) to place your order.

Thank you for the reply.
I understand that I could order them preprogrammed but that is not my requirement. We would like to be able to program them ourselves, without using the Windows GUI and EVKT-USBI2C-02. We like to support different designs with different power requirements. It does not make sense for us to carry stock of each custom suffix code.

Hi mishak,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. OTP devices can only be ordered with their default configuration (-0000) or through the process I mentioned above for custom default settings. While some features are accessible via I2C, the default values (i.e. after turn on) can only be set with the OTP function. Programming the OTP is something that can only be done in the factory and we rarely sell blank parts for customers to program themselves, especially if the estimated annual units is too low (<50k). This is the reason why we don’t put OTP programming instructions in the datasheets. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Here are a few MTP options similar to the MP5416 that are user programmable:
MPQ7920-AEC1, MP54304, MP5470

1 Like

hi
Is there any PMIC chip model that does not use the I2C interface and uses the EN method to control the power-on of the four-way DCDC?

Hi,
Whether MP5416 PMIC can be used for Zynq ULtraScale+ MPSoC 7EV Device ?
Since FPGA has VCCINT 0.85V of current rating requirement upto 25A.
Please suggest .