MP5061 - FB Pin

Hi,
I would like to use the MP5061 current limit switch. In my application, the input voltage may be between 5V and 28V (USB PD).
According to the datasheet, the threshold for the FB pin is 0.69V.
However, there isn’t resistors combination that will yield FB voltage between 0.69V and 3.3V (absolute maximum ratings).
Is it allowed to leave the FB pin floating and not use the PG pin?
Thanks,
Matan

Hello Matan,

VFB is just the voltage divider formed from R2 and R3 and Vout.
If PG is not a feature you want, you can leave FB pin floating.

Regards,
Jonathan Hidalgo

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for your answer.

1. So if the PG won’t be used - can I float the PG pin as well?
  2. Regarding the Schottky Rectifier - please confirm I can use SS33A from Yangjie (https://www.21yangjie.com/pdf/zlqj/xtjejg/SS32A%20THRU%20SS320A.pdf)
    Thanks,
    Matan

And another important question - does the MP5061 has reverse current protection?

Can you please refer to my questions?

Hello Matan,

1. Leaving the PG pin floating is ok - its a digital output pin so no worries about leaving it floating when not in use

2. Our evaluation boards have a BOM that details what part we used and how it was rated. As long as the SS33A has the same characteristics as the B330A (30V,3A Schottky diode), it should work fine

3. The MP5061 does not offer reverse current protection, but we have really cool app notes that talk about reverse protection (part1 | part2), and towards the end the app notes recommend a couple of parts!

Regards,
Jonathan Hidalgo

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your answers.
Matan