MP3431 not performing as expected

I have just powered up the MP3431 EVK with Vin = 3.3V, Vout as default (9V) and Iout is connected to a CC load. When powered on, the EVK cannot supply more than 0.7A without becoming unstable. The EVK datasheet states that it should output up to 3.5A without issue. I do not see any visible damage on the EVK out of the box, is not performing as expected.

Hello,

This is a boost, so please ensure you are setting the input current limit high enough.

Best Regards,
Yu

It is being supplied by a lab supply capable of 20A. The best I can get the EVK to output is 700mA at 9V (with input drawing 3.3A at 3.3V) before the output becomes unstable. Is there something in the test setup that needs to be considered besides a capable input supply?

Even with the capability of 20A, just wanted to make sure the input current limit was set high enough. Maybe at least 10A for 3.5A output. Can you share your test setup?

Best Regards,
Yu

Yes, the output is set to maximum output. It is definitely not current limiting (the power supply indicates when it is in this mode and it is not).

Thank you for confirming this.
Please check if the input voltage is 3.3V at the input caps when you are increasing the load.
Additionally, please monitor the output voltage, Vsw, and load current. This should align with the waveforms in the datasheet.

Best Regards,
Yu