MP3430 APD Current Monitoring

Is the APD current monitoring/mirror function of MP3430 optional? What is the best way to configure these pins with minimal external components?

I am using this boost converter for an application circuit on how to power our MEMS switch drivers. Output is 90V, < 500mA max. See below for my draft circuit diagram, is this valid?

MP3430 Schematic

Hi TClink,

Your application will not be possible with this design. For 90V 500mA output, you will need at least 13.6A input. This exceeds the part’s 1.3A max switch current limit.

For this application, you will need to use a controller. We do not have any integrated boosts that support this high power. I would recommned checking out the MP3910A | Peak Current Mode Boost PWM Controller with Programmable Frequency, external SS and Light Load | MPS (monolithicpower.com). We have an EVB for 24V / 2A output, similar power requirements to your 90V / 500mA. EV3910A-S-00A | Peak Current Mode PWM Controller Boost Evaluation Board | MPS (monolithicpower.com)

Regards,
Vinh Tran

Hi Vinh Tran,

That must of been a typo on my part, current is <500 uA.

Can ADP be ignored, or should ADP be used for applications even if they don’t need current monitoring?