MP3336A Not driving cyan LED [Disable short detection question]

I am not able to drive cyan 2.85V/1A LEDs or regular 1-10ohm resistors with low current (~50mA). The driver has no problem driving a ~2.8V/700mA max white LED or 1.5V/100mA IR LEDs. I am testing this out in flash mode. Why is this? Am I missing something in my interpretation of the IC?

I have tried disabling the input current max but that didnt work. I am not sure how else to troubleshoot.

EDIT: The issue is with the short detection. The cyan LEDs trigger the short detection. Is there a way to disable that or bypass it? The LEDs sink 37mA at 1V

Hi,

Could you please explain what happens when you try to drive cyan 2.85V/1A LEDs or regular 1-10ohm resistors with low current (~50mA)?
Do you have any waveforms to show this?

Resolved. The LED was unexpectedly shorted out in a way that still allowed it to light up with an unusually low amount of current. This triggered the short circuit protection on the MP3336A. It wouldnt be able to drive resistors we have on hand due to the 50mA short detection current with 1V at Vout. This issue is resolved though, since we just had to make sure our LEDs have current at 1V Vf.