MP28167-A inductor valus for 12Vout

I have input voltage rage of 3.5V-20V and need to have output voltage of 5V and 12V with Iout = 3A (Max). seems like MP28167-A can be a good fit.
depend on input voltage, 5Vout and 12Vout what is proper value for the inductor I can use in my design?

Thanks

For the MP28167-A, the proper value for the inductor depends on several factors, including the desired switching frequency, the maximum output current, and the input and output voltages. Since you mentioned a maximum output current of 3A, we’ll use that as a reference.

The MP28167-A is a synchronous step-down converter, so it requires an inductor for energy storage and transfer. The inductance value is critical for proper operation of the converter.

For a design aiming to achieve 5V and 12V outputs with a maximum output current of 3A, a common approach is to use separate inductors for each output voltage.

For the 5V output, a suitable inductor value could be around 4.7μH to 10μH, depending on the specific requirements of your design and the operating conditions. A higher inductance value can provide better efficiency but may result in larger physical size and higher cost.

For the 12V output, a suitable inductor value could be around 2.2μH to 4.7μH. Again, the actual value will depend on your specific requirements and the operating conditions of your application.

It’s important to consult the MP28167-A datasheet and use the manufacturer’s recommended inductor values based on your specific design criteria to ensure optimal performance and efficiency.