MP2760 IC Doubts / Clarifications

Hi,

1.Let us consider for 1-4 cell CC mode operation, Opportunity to increase charging current rating of 5 A from 2A .Is it possible to increase current rating by using I2C (On the go) right?

1. we want to select IC for 1- 4 cell operation with the register setting option device, MP2760GVT-0000 - Is this part is suitable for our application, correct? If not, need your suggestion on the same.

3.Since I am not using USB 3.1 Or Type C options, Can I change the charger current without using PD Controller? If yes, please explain the same.

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Hi Sendhil,

1. Yes, this is doable, you can verify by utilizing the GUI and with an evaluation board.
  2. I advise caution for 4S w/ 5A charge current, ensure you size components appropriately for safety and set the registers configuration with close attention to protections. UV/OVP/OCP/OTP and input threshold.
  3. This device is capable of operating standalone (without HOST or PD Controller), however please ensure that you test the range of operation for your unique application.

Best,
Nouman

Hi Nouman,

Thanks for your clarifications…

1. we want to select IC for 4 cell operation with the register setting option device, MP2760GVT-0000 - Is this part is suitable for our application, correct? If not, need your suggestion on the same.

2. In the Narrow VDC PPM setting, System OVP is mentioned as 00-125%,01-120%,10-115% & 11-110% ranges, I understand that 125%- means max allowable OVP voltage beyond that it will be limited but 00-Means, I didn’t understand the working concept so, please explain the same for us.

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Screen short is for your reference.

Hi Sendhil,

1. For 4 cell, you will need to order the -040A suffix, not the -0000 suffix. Refer to pg 3 for ordering information.
  2. Regarding your second question, the OVP setting is the threshold limit you chose for your application, there are 4 options. Say our output is 16V, your OVP would be is 16V+10%, if you go with default option. This is similar for a UV condition, so if your design reaches 75% of your Vsys threshold. The IC will indicate UV fault.

Best,
Nouman

Hi Nouman,
I got it. Thanks for your clarifications.
1.During charging mode, IBATT_DIS is consuming current of 162.5mA. As per my understanding IBATT_DIS current consumption should be to 0mA but its consuming current at discharge mode why? Need your clarification on the same.

1. As per GUI monitor 25.97 % but NTC _FAULT says that 011-NTC Warm - Why it showing like that? Need your suggestions on the same .
    3.-040A Suffix part can be register settable option right? -40A Part is suitable for 4 cell operation that I understood but my doubt is it support for register settable availabe or not. That is what im keep on asking this question.

2. MP2760GVT-040A-Z this part is non-stock item in Digikey and Mouser distributor. How we can manage the components order -Need your support on the same.
    Attached screen shot for your reference.

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Hi Nouman,
Any update on my doubts?

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar