MP2760 and 1 time programming "OTP" config bits

Reading all the post on this subject there seems to be a general misunderstanding on what OTP is, myself included. Since there is an evaluation board available, it’s hard to believe that a truly 1 time programming functionality would be very useful. If someone could answer the following questions it might allow me a better understanding.

1. Is the chip on the evaluation board the same chip that I would purchase as an individual part to put on a custom board for production use?
  2. Would there be any difference in changing any of the OTP configuration bits via the I2C interface between using the MPS GUI or a generic I2C interface from a 3rd party controller.
  3. What happens if I make a typing mistake? Do I have to change the chip or purchase a new evaluation board to recover?
  4. Does cycling the power after making a change have some effect like changing the functionality from volatile storage to non volatile usage on a new chip for any registers than have had a change of value. This would imply that I could recover from my typing mistake in “3” above if the power hasn’t been cycled.
  5. Does the fact that any writing event to an OTP register with a different value than the default value trigger some immediate change to non-volatile? Can I recover by writing the default value back after the initial change make any difference?

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response.

1. For MP2760, the eval board part will be the same as individual part. Some parts will have different part numbers or suffix options, but you can double check if it will be the exact part you are purchasing by looking at the BOM of the eval board.

2. Just wondering, is there a reason why you are using 3rd party controller? The MPS GUI with dongle is user friendly and easier to use for configuring parameters and monitoring registers and fault status settings.

3-5. Addressed in email with attached GUI.

Best Regards,
Yu