MP2733 Sleep Mode Current

Hello there,

Can you please confirm the registry settings to set the battery charger IC to (i) sleep mode (standby but minimal current draw) and (ii) ship mode (battery disconnection)?

We find that when we put our device in sleep mode, we are still seeing a 4mA current draw when the battery charger is connected, we wanted your thoughts on how we can reduce it. Is there any passive part in the schematic that you recommend be different from the suggested one in the datasheet (in order to reduce the sleep mode current).

Thanks,
Ashwati

Hi akrishnan,

Thanks for posting on the MPSNow Forum.
You’ll need to check if your BATTFET is off, OTG and ADC is disabled to get the lowest quiescent current stated in the EC Table:
The quiescent current draw will be ~5mA if everything is enabled.
Please disable the ADC and OTG using REG03h:

Thanks,
Cindy

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for your response, we are still having issues of at least 1.8mA when the battery charger is supposed to be in sleep mode (5uA).

1. Can your team please review the schematic and let us know if the circuit is correct and any source of leakage? We are using a 3.6V VREF.
  2. Is there a way in the MP2733 to set the VREF LDO to 3V? Or is it fixed at 3.6V?
  3. I know you have sent us information in the datasheet about sleep mode, but I will greatly appreciate if for the SLEEP mode alone, if you can send a list of all registers with the correct values as a text file.

We have spent a lot of time on this, so any input will be appreciated. Thanks!
Ashwati

Hello Cindy,

Any thoughts on the circuit review? Thanks!

Ashwati

Responded through our internal ticket system.