MP2672A short circuit

I’ve used the MP2672A for a dual-cell project i’m currently developing. Most of my units seems to work fine, but i’ve encountered some of them suddenly stop working, making a shortage between Vin and GND. I further investigated, and found out faulted ICs presented a shortage between SW and GND when tested alone, and not soldered to the PCB. Is this causing my ICs to not work at all? Or might be something else? What can be possibly happening so the MP2672A presents a short circuit like this one?

Hi @lsosa,
I would double check the assembly of all components before powering on the device. Maybe during assembly, a short was generated from SW to GND and powering it on would cause IC to not work as intended.
Please verify PCB as well for any shorts from vin gnd, sw to gnd, vin to vout.

Thank you
Saurabh

I’ve tested the PCBs, and at the beginning they work as intended, with no shorts between any of the power pins. The failure showed up after a while, making the PCB useless as Vin seemed short circuited with GND, as the input voltage I was applying to the circuit was being reduced to 0V. By desoldering the IC, the Vin and GND networks on my PCB stopped being short circuited. Then, as I mentioned before, testing the desoldered IC lead me to discover it was SW pin who was shorted with GND, not Vin. Can be the low-side MOSFET broken or something like that?