I’m having a lot of trouble with the MP2672A. First I tried to use in the standalone mode, it didn’t work, so I tried to use it in the host control mode, it didn’t work. I’ll share some information about what I have done, please take a look and try to help me.
1st, the schematic:
2nd, ther ESP32 code part where I send the registers:
Wire.beginTransmission(0x4B); // Device address Wire.write(0x02); // Register address Wire.write(0b00001000); // Register 0x02 Wire.endTransmission(); delay(100); Wire.beginTransmission(0x4B); // Device address Wire.write(0x02); // Register address Wire.write(0b01000000); // Register 0x02 Wire.endTransmission(); delay(100); Wire.beginTransmission(0x4B); // Device address Wire.write(0x00); // Register address Wire.write(0b00111110); // Register 0x00 Wire.write(0b00001111); // Register 0x01 Wire.write(0b10000000); // Register 0x02 Wire.endTransmission(); delay(100);
3rd, when the registers are read:
Register 0x00 => Values 00111110
Register 0x01 => Values 00001111
Register 0x02 => Values 10000000
Register 0x03 => Values 00000001
Register 0x04 => Values 10110000
So, some problems:
- Everytime that I change something more in the register 0x02, like put the CHG_TMR to a different value or the EN_SUSP to 1, the registers go crazy, I start to get different readings every reading cycle, and it seems that everything goes to default.
- It doesn’t matter what I do, I’m always having thermal shutdown fault (register 4) and watchdog error, even having disabled the watchdog timer.
- The ACOK pin is always low, so the LED is always ON, and the STAT pin is always blinking in high frequency. How it will be these signals is a normal operation mode?
- The MID pin is connected to the ground, so I’m not using the balance function.
- The battery is a 2-cell 7.4V li ion.
- The CV pin has a resistor in this schematic, but to use I2C and get the results I have shown here, I connected it to VCC, to activate the host control mode.
Please guide me in some tests that I can do to use this solution in the product that we are developing.
Thanks in advance.