MP2667 INT alternative pullup to VDD

In the typical application circuit as follows:

INT is pulled up to VDD. I might be missing something in the datasheet that discusses the voltage max for VDD, but when measuring it is ~4.2V when VIN is ~5 volts (or when on battery and fully charged to ~4.2V). Since I am connecting INT to a GPIO on my MCU, I need that voltage to be < 3.3V. Instead of pulling up to VDD, I am pulling up to a 3.3V regulated voltage via an LDO powered off SYS - since I need that rail anyway to power the load. Do you see any issues with that?

Hello Willbond,
It is OK to use external 3.3V supply for the INT pullup, the INT function will work fine and no issues.

Regards,

I have found that there is a leakage current path when pulling INT to anything other than VDD for ship mode. I am measuring 200uA in ship mode when I use a 100k pull-up to my 3.3V rail. This is without any other connection in the system. @willbond I would recommend prototyping your setup with a dev kit if possible.

I am resorting to putting a level shifter in the circuit. This part is also reporting a 52wk lead time, just FYI.

@James.P thank you for verifying. I did put it in a dev kit and works just fine.
@hattie.spetla appreciate the information. I do already have a supply of the parts thankfully. I am not seeing the same current leakage.