MP2667 EVB, set DSCHG

Hi,

While playing with the MP2667 EVP I noticed that I am unable to set the Discharge Current Limit (DSCHG). This value defaults to 1000mA and every time I try to select another value it always jumps back to 1000mA.

Is this meant to be or do I need to change something else before I can change this limit?

Kind regards,

Paul

Hello mps4,

The default is set to 1.0A. To change it you will need to use i2c. However, upon power reset, it will return to this default.

This part is One-Time Programmable by the factory. To change this default you will need to reach out a MPS FAE. Please contact MPS NOW Remote Support for more information.

Regards,
Vinh Tran

Hi Vinh Tran,

I understand that the default is 1000mA and that I always need to set a different value via I2C after a power reset.

But my problem is, I have the MP2667 Demo board and I have the EVKT-USBI2C-02 unit. Using the MP2667 windows software with these I can set each and every value in the MP2667, but if I try to set the DSCHG it always jumps back to the 1000mA setting. It does not let me set the value to anything other than 1000mA.

My question is: why?

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Vinh Tran,

Scratch this entire problem, I found the cause. In the MP2667 software I set ‘Auto monitor Register’ to on and a 2 second rate during testing. If I then try to change the DSCHG value and during this the registers are automatically read, this value jumps back to the value that was read from the chip. As it should. My excuses, I should have thought of that before asking this question.

Thanks for the support!

Kind regards,

Paul