MP2632- Shuts down when USB is connected

Hi
We are using the MP2632 All-in-One, 3A Battery Charger with 3A Boost Current IC, To supply a PI module and a Hack RF module The unit starts up when on USB power and also when on battery only in boost mode.

I have an issue that when the unit is running on battery power and the USB is plugged in the unit shuts down, also if the unit is on USB power and the USB is removed the unit again shuts down. Do you guys know what the potential problem is.
Kind regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

The MP2632 needs to be reset when being unplugged or re-plugged like that, you will need to press the power button (PB pin). If you want this to reset automatically, external circuitry is needed. If you are interested, please email us at mpsnow@monolithicpower.com and I will be sure to supply you with the slides on how to achieve the automatic reset.

Thanks,
Brendan Schoemehl
Field Applications Engineer
Monolithic Power Systems | MPS Now

1 Like

Hi… you either have deficient ports in your front board, or an issue with the motherboard header itself. Anything between the 2 closures might have been harmed in a short condition.

On the off chance that you have another accessible USB header on your motherboard, you can have a go at utilizing it. Simply know that if the front board ports do have a short, you could harm the substitute header.

Hello,
I have the same problem.
Can I get an external circuit?
Please forward it to the email address below.
skssessy@naver.com