MP2615C input voltage range

Dear MPS Team,

We are currently having a project that involves utilizing the MP2615 battery charger to charge a battery. The input power for this project is sourced from a USB connection. However, when we connect the USB adapter to charge the battery, the voltage at the chip drops to 4.3V, which falls outside the acceptable range for the chip.

I am in search of an alternative component that can seamlessly replace the MP2615 without necessitating a redesign. I’ve identified variants such as MP2615A/B/C and would appreciate clarification on the differences between them.

Additionally, I’ve noticed a disparity between the description of MP2615C in comparison to the information provided in the datasheet, particularly regarding the input voltage range. Please refer to the attached image for further details.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Farhad,

We have contacted with you through MPS Now. Please find our answer in your inbox emails.

Thank you,
Jordi

Dear Jordi,
Maybe you could place the answer here also? I’m in the same situation of understanding the difference between MP2615 and MP2615C

Thanks

Hi Sej,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The only difference between MP2615 and the C version is the sense resistor value. The A version changes the battery spec to 4.35/4.2V, and the B version is 1-cell.

Best regards,
Jordi Pacheco