MP2333H recommended PG pin voltage

Hi
What is the recommended maximum voltage on MP2333H’s PG pin?
The datasheet only states the absolute maximum voltage (4 V).

Regards, Jonas

Hello Jonas,

PG is an output pin. It indicates when the output of the device is “good”. This is when the output voltage is higher than 92%, lower than 120% of internal reference, and soft start is finished. Please do not apply a voltage to it.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran
Field Applications Engineer

Hi Vinh

But it is an open-drain output so I must apply a voltage (via a pull-up resistor) to it.

Hello Jonas,

You are correct, I missed the open-drain output description. The datasheet’s absolute max value of 4V is correct. Please abide to this value. A recommended value would be 3.3V

Thank you,
Vinh Tran

Hi Vinh and thanks for your prompt reply

The datasheet makes a distinction between “absolute maximum rating” and “recommended operating conditions”.
Absolute maximum rating: Exceeding these ratings may damage the device.
Recommended operating conditions: The device is not guaranteed to function outside of its
operating conditions.

So if I pull-up PG to a 3.3 V rail it may not function? A 3.3 V rail can typically reach 3.4 V (3 % tolerance).

Hello Jonas,

Yes, 3.3V will work. It is a value recommended to work on our EV2333H-TL-00A | MP2333H evaluation board.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran

Hi Vinh
But in your earlier post you stated that 3.3 V was the maximum recommended operating condition. Can you please tell me the EXACT value and not the ballpark value.

Will the device function within specification if the value is 3.9 V, 3.7 V, 3.5 V?

Hello Jonas,

3.3V is a typical recommended value, but is not the maximum recommended value. 4V is the absolute limit for the device. I do not have a maximum recommended value. The device should still work for the values you listed, but please be aware of the ripple on the PG supply.

Thank you,
Vinh Tran

Thank you Vinh

So you are basically saying that for the PG pin, “absolute maximum rating” and “recommended operating condition” is the same?

Can you please confirm this?

And of course I’m aware of any ripple, this is one of the reasons why I needed to know the value in the first place.

Regards, Jonas