MP 2760 Source mode disable

Hi ,

1.How to disable the source mode operation via software setting? If disable source mode, should i remove the feedback section components?
2. How do I terminate unused pins in the circuit?

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Hello,
Please refer to REG09H on page 40 of datasheet, you can toggle the bits to 0.
With respect to unused pins, which specific ones are you intending not to use?

Best,
Nouman

Thanks for your answer Nouman.
1.Basically, I am not using USB 3.0 requirements and i will work on charger mode & standby mode operation only so, shall I not to use those pins like 7,27 (without disconnection of Input option) ,11 (ACOK) for MP2760 and 14,15,16,17,18,19 pins for PD controller (CCG3PA) , right?

1. Those are pins going for not used pin outs.

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Hi Sendhil,
Yes, You can leave pin 27 & 14,15,16 not connected (NC).

For others, I recommend following the evaluation board schematic recommendations. Evaluation board Datasheet MP2760.

Ensure you do connect or populate components to pins 17/19.

I also have an alternative recommendation if you do not need the SYS output.
MP2651 | I2C-Controlled, USB PD 6A Buck-Boost Charger with OTG/Source Mode for 1-Cell to 4-Cell Series Battery Applications | MPS (monolithicpower.com)
EV2651-VT-00A | I2C-Controlled, 1-Cell to 4-Cell Buck-Boost Charger with Reverse Source Mode Evaluation Board | MPS (monolithicpower.com)

Best,
Nouman

Hi Nouman,

Thanks for your clarifications Nouman.
1.Let us consider for 4 cell CC mode operation, Opportunity to increase charging current rating of 5 A from 2A .Is it possible to increase current rating by using I2C (On the go) right?

1. Also, we want to select IC for 4 cell operation with the register setting option MP2760GVT-xxxx - This part Ok use for our application, correct? Need your suggestion on the same.

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Hi Nouman,
One more additional question is Since I am not using USB 3.1 Or Type C options, Can I change the charger current without using PD Controller? If yes, please explain the same.

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Hi Nouman,

Any update on equerries?
Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Sendhil Kumar

Hi Sendhil,
Thank you for following up on these inquiries, I have answered the questions in your other post that was more recent.

MP2760 IC Doubts / Clarifications - Battery Management - Monolithic Power Systems’ Technical Forum

Best Regards,
Nouman