MA600 - Achieving Maximum Effective Resolution

Hi,

In the datasheet of the new MA600 it is shown (see GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS Tab) that the maximum ±3σ resolution (and therefore “effetctive resolution”) that can be achieved is 15 bit.
However, in the online " Magnetic Simulation Tool", I have not been able to reach a resolution near 15 bit (the maximum I could achieve was 12.59 bit).
The setup I’d like is End of Shaft, with a diametrally magnetized ring magnet, using the MA600 with cutoff frequency of 75 Hz.
What setup should I use to get the maximum ±3σ resolution of 15 bit shown in the datasheet? I tried with different sizes of magnet and with simple cylindric magnets but did not have any luck.

P.S.: Please tell me if the ±3σ 15 bit resolution I’m talking about is not the “effective” one.

Best,

Francesco

Hello Francesco,

There seems to be an error in the resolution calculation for MA600 in the simulation tool. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please refer to the Table 12 in the datasheet for the effective resolution values corresponding to each filter setting. In order to get that resolution, you only need to make sure the magnetic field amplitude is in the 20mT to 80mT range. You can find the magnetic field amplitude in the results page of the Magnetic Simulation Tool.

Kind regards,

Carmine

Hi,

Thank you very much for the response. I’ll follow the datasheet.

Best,

Francesco