How to program the output voltage of mEZDPD3603A in VB pro 3

I USB to I2C adapter for the mEZDPD3603A and I am trying to set an output voltage of 3.3V ( later on I also want to change it to 3.8V).
I found a pdf that explains how to program the mEZDPD3603A in VBP 2.2 but I believe this version does not exist anymore. VBP 3.0 has a different interface so I dont know how to relate the tutorial to this version and VBP 4.0 doesnt seem to support the mEZDPD3603A.

This is a screenshot of the GUI, where you can see the chip is connected and working:

Is there any other online resource that explains how to program the mEZDPD3603A in Virtual Bench Pro 3.0 ? If not, could someone explain how to do it ?

Hi there,

Thanks for your question.
I’m looking into this. Will get back to you asap.

Thanks,
Cindy

1 Like

Hi dlayh,

Please follow these steps for programming the module in Virtual Bench 3.0

1. mEZDPD3603A needs to read from the MTP first. Then we can read/write the values of the registers

2. Input desired values, for example:

3. Write to the module

4. Write to MTP (VIN should be > 8V)
    You can write to the MTP 2 times on a new module

5. Restart the module

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

thank you for answer, that information is already very helpful.

I am still unsure about how to change the output voltage because I cant see any register with a name that would resemble output voltage. I might be missing something but could you tell me the exact registers I have to change to set the output voltage?

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi dlayh,

Yes, it’s a little confusing, I’m not sure why they changed it in VB 3.0.
Anyways, Vout = Vref/FB divider ratio value
For instance, to set a 3.3V output, change Vref to 0.66

Thanks,
Cindy

1 Like

Hi Cindy,

thank you, thats exactly what I was missing!

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Cindy,

I am a bit confused by the output values I am getting.
For Vref = 0.66 and FB = 1/5 I get an output voltage of 2.84V
For Vref = 1 and FB = 1/2 I get an output voltage of 1.72V

Is there some other value that might influence the output voltage and cause this behaviour?

Thanks,
Dennis

From what I see there shouldn’t be any other factors. But let me double check with our internal Apps Engineer.

Hi again,

So I confirmed that Vout should only relate to Vref and FB divider values.

Cindy