EV6543-L-01A – 12V current sensing

I have a 3 phase hall sensor bldc motor. I can drive the motor the way I want by giving direction and angle control (every 60 degrees). The motor driver I use is EV6543-L-01A – 12V(board), Processor Stm32f103c8t6, My driving method is Six step commutation. There are SOA-SOB-SOC pins on the driver. I used these pins to measure the current drawn by the motor, but I could not get the result I wanted. When I tried to measure with an oscilloscope, I realized that I always had to measure at the same point on the processor. This is how I set the time that my adc will measure, but I couldn’t get the result. I’ll be happy if you can help me.

Hello haktandeniz3,

The SOA/B/C pins either source or sink current that is proportional to the current flowing in the LS-FET of each phase. If you’re able to drive/rotate the motor, then there should be an output on these pins.
See Pg. 5 under Current Sense where you’ll find the current-sense ratio and Pg. 7 to see how this ratio varies with ambient temperature, which is almost the same as the junction temperature.
To convert the SOA/B/C output current into a voltage for your ADC, use the equation below. When no current is flowing, the result should be the pull-up voltage Vref.