Could you teach USB authentication for USB Power Delivery devices?

Dear support member,
Could you teach USB authentication for USB Power Delivery devices?

When adopting MPS device with USB type-a, type-c
Q1.
Do you need USB authentication?

Q2
If USB authentication is required even if MPS is adopted, can the authentication work be simplified compared to other companies?
For example, is it possible to simplify the test items?

Best regard.

Hello,
There are many products for USB power. There are buck converters, buck-boost converters and battery chargers to name a few. The buck converters can have a built-in USB handshake like the MPQ4252, for two ports. A battery charger like the MP2632B has USB detection for receiving power and supplying power (not USB-C though). The MPQ5029 is a charging port controller for full functionality, including the 5V DCP/BC1.2, QC3.0, Type-C, 5V/3A DFP modes and more. Familiarize with the USB spec that the product will be supporting and select a solution which contains that capability. Having the capability to do the USB handshake will make design more straightforward, but testing will still be needed to verify final operation.
Regards,

Hi, James.P

Thank you very much for your answer.
I understood that test certification is required.

Best regard.

Hi, James.P

May I ask add a question?
I can’t see MPQ4252 and MPQ5029 on the homepage. Is it before the release?

Best regard.

The MPQ5029 is released as is the MP5029 (non-automotive), but not on the website at this time. The MPQ4481 is a buck converter with USB interface and on the website, you can look at that one.
Regards,

Hi, James.P

Thank you very much for your answer.
Best regard.