I would like to know whether the design given below can be used to for a Buck Boost that has input range from 10.8-16.8V and Output 12V. Output current is 0.5A.
This is the application circuit that I got from datasheet of MP28167GQ-A-Z.
Could you please clear a few more questions regarding the design?
- I would like to know the equation for calculating the inductor value for Buck Boost converter.
- Could you please specify the VIH and VIL for the Enable pin?
- Is the ALT (Alert) pin open drain? If not so then what would be the voltage in that pin?
- Is I2C mandatory for this design?
- If I2C is not used in the design, the is it in PFM of PWM mode?