Alternative layout for MP6003

Hi,
I was designing the supply section of a VFD clock and needed to create the anode supply part.
My specs are:
Vin: 12 to 24v (25v abs max)
Vout: 28v
Iout: in the order of a couple of tes of mA max

So obviously I need a boost converter. Problem is that either I choose the MC34063 (which I’m not really fond of) and its clones or I search for an integrated converter around. I wanted to have some distance from the maximum input voltage by choosing something with a Vinmax > 30V.
I haven’t found much around with these specs (especially from MPS), but I have found the MP6003.
It is described as a SEPIC/FLYBACK converter and from my understanding it all revolves around having a coupled inductor/transformer.

My question is: is it possible to design a layout that uses it as a simple boost converter? Such as this one here for example:

I could have used the LM2577 from the very start, but the price is just too much for the application.

Or if it really isn’t feasable, what are my other possible alternatives? (I will say beforehand that any part should be available on mouser for <4€ and in decent quantitites of >500pcs)

I will also mention that space is tight, I originally intended to fit one in the size of one of those cheap ebay MP1584 modules, so around 2.5 x 1.5cm.

Thanks a lot

EDIT:

In the datasheet I found a circuit diagram that migh be close to what I’m trying to do at page 14, figure 8 (except it is a constant current generator for LEDs but has the same boost converter topology).
BUT, I ran into another problem. The datasheet at page 14 says “The practical
compensation parameters are provided in the
EVQ6003DN datasheet”, but I can’t seem to find the datasheet they are referring to.
This means that I have no way of calculating the inductor value and most importantly the compensation components required. I think I might get away with compensation calculations by using another datasheet, but that doesn’t solve the inductor problem.
Anyone has any clue as to where to find it?

Otherwise I’ll get inspiration from their own evaluation board.
Thanks

Figure 8 in the datasheet, yes no problem.